Face Larger Than a Quarter
The simplest way to make sure your photo is a good one: Email us a digital uncropped photo. Tell us in which size of marble or granite you would like it laser etched. To tell if the face is large enough, ask yourself if it would be larger than a quarter after the photo was laser etched.
Face Smaller Than a Quarter
In the picture here, the quarter is larger than the lady’s face. The lady’s face needed to be enlarged to fill the space in the marble, enlarging the small image would cause the image in the marble to blur.
- Normally the size of a face in a traditional photograph should be larger than a quarter. If you put a quarter over an individual face in a source photo and you cannot see the face, the image is too small and will result in a blurred image in the marble. Small GIF or JPG files of less than 50kb are usually too small to use and will not produce a good engraved image.
- Images for LaserPhoto.ca need to be the same size as the plaque size. A 3.5″ x 5″ image should be taken from an image that is about 3.5″ x 5″ or larger or come from a digital image that is about 100kb or larger, preferably 250kb in size. A 5″ x 7″ plaque needs to come from images that are at least 3″ x 5″ and the file size should be about 500kb or larger. We cannot use images that are less than 100kb.
- Don’t use photo’s that are over or under exposed (too bright or too dark)
- Please avoid pictures that have shadows on the faces
- Avoid a picture that is faded, blurry or fuzzy.
- Avoid a picture obtained from an actual computer printer instead of an original print.
- Using a digital camera, take a picture. Use 640 x 480 size and fine, better or good quality setting.
- Your image size should be at least 100kb for good results. If your image is less than 100kb, then improve the quality settings on your camera and take another picture with the higher settings.
- If you have a photograph, please scan it using a common PC image scanner or submit your images from digital cameras.
- If you are using a scanner, set it to 300dpi.
- If you are sending a scanned photo, a 3.5″ x 5″ image should be taken from an image that is about 3.5″ x 5″ or larger or come from a digital image that is at least 100kb or greater, preferably 250kb in size.
- If you are sending a scanned photo, a 5″ by 7″ plaque needs to come from images that are at least 3″ x 5″ and the file size should be at least 500kb or larger.